¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Extrahepatic
Medical Definition of Extrahepatic
1. Outside of, or unrelated to, the liver. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Extrahepatic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Extrahepatic
Literary usage of Extrahepatic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Oxford Medicine by Henry Asbury Christian, James Mackenzie (1920)
"CONGENITAL CYSTIC DILATATION OF THE extrahepatic BILE DUCTS The so-called choledochus cysts are in reality the result of extreme dilatation of the common ..."
2. Report of the Henry Phipps Institute by University of Pennsylvania, Henry Phipps Institute (1915)
"In tuberculosis we find jaundice caused by both extrahepatic and ... The extrahepatic cases have been caused by tuberculous glands in the portal fissure ..."
3. Digestive Diseases of the U. S.: Epidemiology and Impact edited by James E. Everhart (1994)
"... 9th revision, with clinical modification codes for malignant neoplasms of the liver and intrahepatic bile ducts, gallbladder, and extrahepatic bile ..."
4. A Handbook of Medical Diagnosis: For the Use of Practitioners and Students by James Cornelius Wilson (1915)
"The Gall-Bladder and extrahepatic Bile Passages. THE GALL-BLADDER. This membranous sac is situated in a fossa in the base of the liver. It is pear-shaped, ..."
5. Diseases of the Liver, Pancreas and Suprarenal Capsules by Reginald Heber Fitz, Leopold Oser, Frederick A. Packard (1903)
"... were aneurysms of both branches), once from the cystic artery (Chiari); in 4 cases the aneurysm was situated outside of the liver. The extrahepatic ..."