Definition of Eye blink
1. Noun. A reflex that closes and opens the eyes rapidly.
Generic synonyms: Inborn Reflex, Innate Reflex, Instinctive Reflex, Physiological Reaction, Reflex, Reflex Action, Reflex Response, Unconditioned Reflex
Specialized synonyms: Palpebration
Derivative terms: Blink, Blink, Blink, Nictate, Nictitate, Wink, Wink
Eye Blink Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eye Blink Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eye Blink
Literary usage of Eye blink
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Emergency And Continuous Exposure Guidance Levels For Selected Submarine by Best, National Research Council (U.S.) (2007)
"That level can be considered a minimal lowest-observed-adverse-effect level (LOAEL) and is one-third the concentration at which a doubling of eye-blink rate ..."
2. Alcohol: Its Action on the Human Organism (1918)
"The means used in these observations for evoking the eye-blink reflex was the sudden production 1 Dodge & Benedict, ..."
3. Our Sentimental Garden by Agnes Castle, Egerton Castle (1914)
"Nunc tibi—mox edits, the Book.Lover's motto has it. How true also of the beloved Garden!... Another " eye.blink. ..."
4. Bothwell: A Tragedy by Algernon Charles Swinburne (1874)
"... or the sun Show half an eye-blink of his face that hangs Now downward to the sea, curbed in with cloud, And with a brief breath fire the rack that flies ..."
5. Bothwell: A Tragedy by Algernon Charles Swinburne (1874)
"I would the winds would muster, or the sun Show half an eye-blink of his face that hangs Now downward to the sea, curbed in with cloud, And with a brief ..."
6. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"There was generalized weakness and marked slowing of all motor behavior such as eye blink, gait, and turning of the head. Movements of the extremities were ..."