Definition of Factor in
1. Verb. Consider as relevant when making a decision. "You must factor in the recent developments"
2. Verb. Resolve into factors. "A quantum computer can factor the number 15"
Category relationships: Arithmetic
Generic synonyms: Calculate, Cipher, Compute, Cypher, Figure, Reckon, Work Out
Derivative terms: Factor, Factor, Factoring, Factorisation, Factorization
Factor In Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Factor In Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Factor In
Literary usage of Factor in
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary, Practical, Theoretical, and Historical, of Commerce and by John Ramsey McCulloch, Vethake, Henry (1852)
"... against the purchaser of the good-i, yet that purchaser may net off any claim he may have against the factor, in answer to the demand of die principal. ..."
2. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1920)
"WEST (THE) AS A factor in AMERICAN POLITICS. The great West rather than the Atlantic ... The earliest influence of the West as a factor in American politics ..."
3. 20th Century Bookkeeping and Accounting: A Treatise on Modern Bookkeeping by James Williams Baker (1918)
"133 shows the number of lamps in each factor. In order to ascertain the amount of light cost that is to be charged to each factor, it is necessary to ..."
4. Proceedings of the ... Annual Convention by Religious Education Association (1904)
"IMPORTANCE OF THE BIBLE AS A factor in PROMOTING SPIRITUAL EFFICIENCY AND GROWTH REV. ... I have an impression that the Bible is an important factor in the ..."
5. The American Journal of Psychology by Granville Stanley Hall, Edward Bradford Titchener (1911)
"Summary of Results I. HISTORICAL 294 It is difficult to ascertain just when the belief in the binaural ratio as a factor in auditory localization came into ..."
6. The American Journal of Psychology by Edward Bradford ( Titchener, Granville Stanley Hall (1911)
"AN EXPERIMENTAL DEMONSTRATION OF THE BINAURAL RATIO AS A factor in AUDITORY LOCALIZATION By CE ... as a factor in auditory localization came into vogue. ..."
7. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1908)
"THE GONOCOCCUS AS A factor in INFECTIONS FOLLOWING ABORTION OR FULL-TERM DELIVERY. ... upon as the most important bacteriological factor in this disease. ..."