Definition of Faculty member
1. Noun. An educator who works at a college or university.
Generic synonyms: Educator, Pedagog, Pedagogue
Specialized synonyms: Prof, Professor
Derivative terms: Academic, Academy, Academy, Academy, Academy
Faculty Member Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Faculty Member Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Faculty Member
Literary usage of Faculty member
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bridging the Bed-Bench Gap: Contributions of the Markey Trust by ebrary, Inc (2004)
"A keynote talk is presented by a longtime Hopkins faculty member whose career pathway seems especially appealing to CMM students. Following a buffet supper ..."
2. History: Fiction of Science? by Anatoly T. Fomenko (2005)
"VV Fyodorov; faculty member of the Central Institute Of Economics and Mathematics of ... YM Kabanov; faculty member of the National Institute of Scientific ..."
3. To Recruit and Advance: Women Students and Faculty in Science and Engineering by National Research Council (2006)
"Other efforts were more formal—a guidance committee would track progress and support the junior faculty member through tenure. ..."
4. Teachers & Technology: Making the Connection by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"The clusters are made up of all the student teachers in a region along with a UNI faculty member assigned to that region to support the students, ..."
5. Self-surveys by Colleges and Universities by William Harvey Allen (1917)
"Every time a faculty member sneers at " efficiency," he is driving an additional nail into the coffin of faculty self- government. The price of more faculty ..."