Definition of Fag out
1. Verb. Exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress. "Sam wants to fag out with Sue "; "We wore ourselves out on this hike"
Generic synonyms: Indispose
Specialized synonyms: Beat, Exhaust, Tucker, Tucker Out, Wash Up, Overfatigue, Overtire, Overweary
Causes: Fatigue, Jade, Pall, Tire, Weary
Derivative terms: Fatigue, Jade, Wear
Fag Out Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fag Out Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fag Out
fag out (current term)
Literary usage of Fag out
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dictionnaire anglais-franca̧is: et français-anglais by Abel Boyer, Nicholas Salmon (1821)
"Ex. The fag-end of cloth , le chef dune piece de drap ou de toil«. The fag-end of the week, la fin de la semaine. To fag out. Mar. se raguer. ..."
2. The American Kennel Club Stud-book by American Kennel Club (1901)
"... Fag. out oi Darling; Adam by Ruler, out of Di. NEWCASTLE BRUSH (late Beechgrove Buller) (61.55A —Newcastle Kennels. Brookline, Mass. ..."
3. Routledge's Every Boy's Annual by Edmund Routledge (1869)
"If Tod had been wise, he would have made me fag out regularly at cricket, whether I liked it or not. But it didn't much matter, for I soon took to the game ..."
4. The Century Illustrated Monthly Magazine (1892)
"It seemed like impropriety of behavior in no slight degree to fag out one's best clothes at home in that aimless way, but when in ten minutes more Mr. ..."