Definition of Fairy cup
1. Noun. A scarlet European fungus with cup-shaped ascocarp.
Generic synonyms: Cup Fungus, Discomycete
Group relationships: Genus Peziza, Peziza
2. Noun. Miterwort of northeastern North America usually with two opposite leaves on erect flowering stems that terminate in erect racemes of white flowers.
Group relationships: Genus Mitella, Mitella
Generic synonyms: Bishop's Cap, Miterwort, Mitrewort
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fairy Cup
Literary usage of Fairy cup
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The London Magazine by John Scott, John Taylor (1822)
"... the ancient fairy cup ; and bring it full of wine : keep your ale for the self-sufficient citizens of cannie Carlisle ; this is a lad of better mettle, ..."
2. Sunset by Southern Pacific Company, Southern Pacific Company. Passenger Dept (1915)
"... iced tea-fairy cup Coffee Ca perfect beverage for regular home ase or lunches, auto trips or ou tings. In airtight, moisture-proof tina which retain ..."
3. Official Descriptive and Illustrated Catalogue by Great Exhibition, Robert Ellis (1851)
"The Peace Congress. fairy cup. Mischief. fairy cup, Curiosity. Nautilus cup, male. Nautilus cup, female. The Plate of all Nations. Dewert centre-piece. ..."