¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Fakey
1. not genuine; phony [adj]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fakey
fakey (current term)
Literary usage of Fakey
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions by Mining Institute of Scotland (1889)
"0 3 f 8 Coal, free 1 6 Daugh 0 3 Bottom Coal, 3 0 ' Fireclay, 0 9 Sandstone, beddy, with fakey plies, ... 30 0 Dark Fakes, 0 0 to 1 6 Blaes, 0 0 toO 6 Coal, ..."
2. The Coal-fields of Scotland by Robert W. Dron (1902)
"Fms. Ft . Ins. Coal (Wee Coal) ... Coaly Fireclay ... Black Blaes Dark Fakes Fakes and Sandstone Fakes and Blaes Coal Dark fakey Blaes Coal (Main ..."
3. Historical Sketches and Reminiscences of Madison County, Indiana: A Detailed by John La Rue Forkner, Byron H. Dyson (1897)
"In alluding to Shinn, the paper would not use his proper name, but always applied to him the name of " fakey." Shinn had prior to this affair been mixed up ..."
4. The Mining Engineer (1906)
"BLAES SOFT BLAES• - LIMESTONE LIMESTONE fakey BLAES SANDSTONE LIMESTONE DARK FAKES ... fakey BLAES SANDSTONE DARK FAKES. SANDSTONE OREY FAKES BLAES. COAL. ..."
5. Sunset by Southern Pacific Company, Southern Pacific Company. Passenger Dept (1915)
"There is not one of them, even the least one of them, however tawdry or fakey or incomplete or even degraded his offering to the public may be, ..."