Definition of Family Lauraceae
1. Noun. A family of Lauraceae.
Generic synonyms: Magnoliid Dicot Family
Group relationships: Order Ranales, Order Ranunculales, Ranales, Ranunculales
Member holonyms: Laurel, Genus Laurus, Laurus, Cinnamomum, Genus Cinnamomum, Genus Lindera, Lindera, Benzoin, Genus Benzoin, Genus Persea, Persea, Genus Sassafras, Genus Umbellularia, Umbellularia
Family Lauraceae Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Family Lauraceae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Family Lauraceae
Literary usage of Family Lauraceae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Nature's Garden: An Aid to Knowledge of Our Wild Flowers and Their Insect by Neltje Blanchan (1907)
"Laurel Family (Lauraceae) Spice-bush. Poppy Family (Papaveraceae) Bloodroot. Celandine poppies. California poppy. Dutchman's breeches. Squirrel corn. ..."
2. Contributions to the Paleobotany of Peru, Bolivia and Chile: Five Papers by Edward Wilber Berry (1922)
"... is represented solely by the important family Lauraceae, which many authors refer to the order ..."
3. The Plant World by Plant World Association, Wild Flower Preservation Society (U.S.) (1901)
"family Lauraceae. Laurel Family. The highly aromatic trees and shrubs of this important group, are distributed in about 40 genera and over 900 species, ..."
4. The Everglades and Other Essays Relating to Southern Florida by John Clayton Gifford (1912)
"A small tree yielding an orange-colored dye, used for butter color. * PROTEACEAE. PROTEA FAMILY. Grevillea robusta. Sheoak from Australia. family Lauraceae. ..."