Definition of Family psittacidae
1. Noun. Coextensive with the order Psittaciformes.
Generic synonyms: Bird Family
Group relationships: Order Psittaciformes, Psittaciformes
Member holonyms: Genus Psittacus, Psittacus, Amazona, Genus Amazona, Ara, Genus Ara, Genus Nestor, Nestor, Cacatua, Genus Cacatua, Genus Kakatoe, Kakatoe, Genus Nymphicus, Nymphicus, Agapornis, Genus Agapornis, Loriinae, Subfamily Loriinae, Conuropsis, Genus Conuropsis, Genus Melopsittacus, Melopsittacus, Genus Psittacula, Psittacula
Lexicographical Neighbors of Family Psittacidae
Literary usage of Family psittacidae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Bird Book: Illustrating in Natural Colors More Than Seven Hundred North by Chester Albert Reed (1914)
"Family PSITTACIDAE 382. CAROLINA PAROQUET. Range.—Now rare In Florida and along the Gulf coast to Indian Territory. As late as 1885, the Carolina Paroquets ..."
2. Natural History: A Manual of Zoölogy for Schools, Colleges, and the General by Sanborn Tenney (1869)
"... Ramphastidae or Toucan Family, Trogonidae or Trogon Family, Cuculidae or Cuckoo Family, and Picidae or Woodpecker Family. PSITTACIDAE, OR PARROT FAMILY. ..."
3. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1888)
"... this peculiarity in the great Parrot Family—Psittacidae—in which, strangely enough, it is combined with a very unlocked for character, namely, ..."
4. The Oxford Medicine by Henry Asbury Christian, James Mackenzie (1920)
"Many species of the family Psittacidae have been shown to be infected, but the principal psittacine sources of human infection in the United States have ..."
5. The Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics (1888)
"Four papers record Newcastle disease in birds belonging to the Order Psittaciformes and presumably to the family psittacidae. ..."