Definition of Family psyllidae
1. Noun. Jumping plant lice.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Family
Group relationships: Homoptera, Suborder Homoptera
Member holonyms: Jumping Plant Louse, Psylla, Psyllid
Family Psyllidae Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Family Psyllidae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Family Psyllidae
Literary usage of Family psyllidae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1863-1871), Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1881)
"family psyllidae (Jumping Plant-lice). The species belonging to this interesting family have received very little attention from Entomologists generally, ..."
2. Sessional Papers by Ontario Legislative Assembly (1907)
"family psyllidae. Jumping plant lice. The members of this family resemble the preceding to a great extent, but they are not so numerous. ..."
3. Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia by Royal Society of South Australia (1896)
"On Some Australian Insects of the family psyllidae," by WM Maskell, of Wellington, NZ ORDINARY MEETING, APRIL 5, 1898. PROF. TATE, FGS in the chair. ..."
4. Proceedings of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (1880)
"... Hemiptera,. sub-order Homoptera and family Psyllidae of Burmeister, their form and structure relate them closely to the common plant-lice, ..."