Definition of Family schizaeaceae
1. Noun. Small family of mainly tropical ferns.
Member holonyms: Genus Schizaea, Schizaea, Anemia, Genus Anemia, Genus Lygodium, Lygodium, Genus Mohria, Mohria
Generic synonyms: Fern Family
Group relationships: Class Filicinae, Class Filicopsida, Filicinae, Filicopsida
Family Schizaeaceae Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Family Schizaeaceae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Family Schizaeaceae
Literary usage of Family schizaeaceae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Reports Dealing with the Systematic Geology and Paleontology of Maryland by Maryland Geological Survey (1911)
"There is considerable collateral evidence for the reference of these forms to the family Schizaeaceae, or to what answered to this family in a general way ..."
2. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society Held at Philadelphia for by American Philosophical Society (1914)
"It is likewise common in the Claiborne and Vicksburg floras and in Tertiary floras generally. Besides Lygodium, the family Schizaeaceae is represented by a ..."
3. Contributions to the Paleobotany of Peru, Bolivia and Chile: Five Papers by Edward Wilber Berry (1922)
"The character of the sporangia, with complete apical annulus, stamp this form as a member of the family Schizaeaceae. Various authors have argued from the ..."
4. Geology and Paleontology of the Raton Mesa and Other Regions in Colorado and by Willis Thomas Lee, Frank Hall Knowlton (1917)
"... little doubt is in the sandstones about 250 feet above the Rockvale sandstone member of the Vermejo, Rockvale, Colo., or vicinity. Family SCHIZAEACEAE. ..."
5. Professional Paper by Geological Survey (U.S.) (1922)
"... in the United States National Museum (Nos. 7013-7016). Occurrence: Green River formation, Green River, Wyo., collected by CA White. Family SCHIZAEACEAE. ..."