Definition of Family theaceae
1. Noun. A family of trees and shrubs of the order Parietales.
Generic synonyms: Dilleniid Dicot Family
Group relationships: Hypericales, Order Hypericales, Order Parietales, Parietales
Member holonyms: Genus Camellia
Family Theaceae Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Family Theaceae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Family Theaceae
Literary usage of Family theaceae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Plant World by Plant World Association, Wild Flower Preservation Society (U.S.) (1901)
"family theaceae. Tea or Camellia Family. Contains about 16 genera and 160 species, rather widely distributed. They are trees or shrubs with large regular ..."
2. The Indigenous Trees of the Hawaiian Islands by Joseph Francis Charles Rock (1913)
"The family Theaceae, with its 16 genera and about 174 species, is rather confined to the tropical and subtropical regions of the world. ..."
3. Botany for High Schhools by George Francis Atkinson (1912)
"The tea family (Theaceae) is represented by the loblolly bay, or tan bay (Gordonia lasianthus), a tree with coriaceous evergreen leaves, and large, white, ..."
4. Stuffing Birds, Pressing Plants, Shaping Knowledge: Natural History in North ...by Sue Ann Prince by Sue Ann Prince (2003)
"BDC Flowers (family Theaceae?), nd Ink, watercolor with white bodycolor, and graphite, 13 3/4 x 12 3/8 in. BDC Skunk Cabbage (Symplocarpus foetidus) ..."
5. Contributions from the United States National Herbarium by United States. National Herbarium, United States National Museum (1905)
"(Stahl, 6: 219.) Cleyera albopunctata. family theaceae: front vicinity of Maricas. Clidemia hirta. ..."
6. Economic plants of Porto Rico by Orator Fuller Cook, Guy N. Collins (1903)
"Bello reports the common name " jasmin hediondo." (Stahl, 6: 219.) Cleyera albopunctata. family theaceae; from vicinity of Maricas. ..."