¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Far-reaching Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Far-reaching
Literary usage of Far-reaching
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"... their habitat and their average yield during the 30 years previous to the opening of the European War which has wrought far-reaching disturbance in this ..."
2. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1873)
"A Far - Reaching Appeal This group of magazines has been selected to proclaim to every community in the United States the real worth of the Rand ..."
3. Readings in the History of Education: A Collection of Sources and Readings by Ellwood Patterson Cubberley (1920)
"The far-reaching Influence of Rousseau's Writings (Dabney, RH, The Causes of the French Revolution, pp. 277-79- New York, 1888. Reproduced by permission of ..."
4. History of the World War by Frank Herbert Simonds (1919)
"... of 1917 following closely upon the German retreat, it awakened hopes which were not warranted and led to disappointments which had far-reaching effects. ..."
5. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1887)
"... but of far-reaching power, unceasing interest and illimitable value, not only to the present citizens of the Republic but to the generations yet to be, ..."
6. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1911)
"Disappointed in his far-reaching schemes, Servetus left Germany, and, dropping his theological pursuits for the nonce, devoted himself to the study of ..."
7. Principles of Labor Legislation by John Rogers Commons (1916)
"lockouts.1 For settling differences and avoiding these far- reaching conflicts there have been devised four main methods: mediation or conciliation, ..."