Definition of Fargo
1. Noun. Largest city in North Dakota; located in eastern North Dakota on the Red river.
Group relationships: Nd, North Dakota, Peace Garden State
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fargo Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fargo
Literary usage of Fargo
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Biennial Report by North Dakota State Board of Health (1908)
"G Cass fargo, Folsom, E. H Cass fargo, ... K. H Cass fargo, Morris, A. S Cass fargo, Rindlaub, E. P Cass fargo, Rindlaub, J. H Cass fargo, Rindlaub, ..."
2. A Selection of Cases on the Law of Torts by James Barr Ames, Jeremiah Smith (1909)
"fargo GAS & COKE COMPANY v. fargo GAS & ELECTRIC COMPANY. 1894. 4 North Dakota, 219.1 COKLISS, J. The plaintiff has recovered judgment for the balance of ..."
3. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"fargo is the scat of the North Dakota agricultural college (coeducational), founded in 1890 ... fargo is in a rich agricultural (especially wheat) region, ..."
4. History of Dakota Territory by George Washington Kingsbury (1915)
"This committee, it is thought, could meet at fargo on September loth, at the time of the great agricultural fair, and in person or by proxy, select by proxy ..."
5. Biennial Report by Kansas State Horticultural Society (1891)
"1 Pacific and Wells-fargo Express Cos., transportation of reports...! $770 Nov. 80 Pacific and Wells-fargo Express Cos., transportation of reports 4 60 Oct. ..."
6. The Official Northern Pacific Railroad Guide: For the Use of Tourists and by Northern Pacific Railroad Company (1893)
"The importance of fargo is largely due to the railroad system of which it is a central point. The arrivals and departures of passenger trains number ..."
7. Report by American Genetic Association (1907)
"... fargo, N. Dak. As chairman of your committee on breeding forage plants, I wish, to explain that the report which I submit herewith may not represent the ..."