¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Fatlike
1. resembling fat [adj]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fatlike Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fatlike
Literary usage of Fatlike
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. International Medical and Surgical Surveyby American Institute of Medicine by American Institute of Medicine (1922)
"For a number of years Bergel has sought to prove tliat the appearance of lymphocytes is a specific reaction to fatlike substances, while the exudates and ..."
2. Œdema and Nephritis: A Critical, Experimental and Clinical Study of the by Martin Fischer (1921)
"... E. OVERTON the differences in the solubility of such substances as alcohol, ether, chloroform, morphin, cocain, etc., in water and in fats and fatlike ..."
3. Nephritis: An Experimental and Critical Study of Its Nature, Cause and the by Martin Fischer (1912)
"... E. Overton the differences in the solubility of such substances as alcohol, ether, chloroform, morphine, cocaine, etc., in water and in fats and fatlike ..."
4. Food Products by Henry Clapp Sherman (1914)
"In other cases the active constituent has been described as a lipoid, that is, a fatlike substance. These little known, but apparently very significant, ..."
5. Orthopedic Surgery by Edward Hickling Bradford, Robert Williamson Lovett (1915)
"In shape they may be regular or irregular and are studded with small tabs of fatlike tissue. Once formed, such a mass acts as a foreign body, and clinically ..."
6. A Course in Vertebrate Zoölogy: A Guide to the Dissection and Comparative by Henry Sherring Pratt (1905)
"Beneath the inferior oblique and between it and the wall of the orbit will be found the Harderian lachrymal gland, — a small, fatlike body which moistens ..."