Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fazenda Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fazenda
fazenda (current term)
façon de parler
façons de parler
Literary usage of Fazenda
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Struggle for Land in Brazil: Rural Violence Continues by Jemera Rone (1992)
"He refused because the fazenda is very far from their base and because "We do ... On July 13 employees at fazenda Nazare' were ambushed inside the fazenda. ..."
2. A Journey in Brazil by Louis Agassiz, Elizabeth Cabot Cary Agassiz (1886)
"DEPARTURE FROM Juiz DE FORA. — ARRIVAL AT THE KA/HNDA—I.'IDE is THE FOREST. — EVE OF SAN JOAO. — Ci'riM NESTS. — EXCURSION TO THE I/WER fazenda —GHAND HUNT ..."
3. Exploring and Travelling Three Thousand Miles Through Brazil from Rio de by James William Wells (1887)
"ON the 25th of August I took up my quarters at fazenda Picada, and immediately proceeded to work. What a change it is from the rugged ground and dark ..."
4. Thayer Expedition by Charles Frederick Hartt (1870)
"E fazenda AND GARDEM MM: PAO ... and at Entre Montes, an exceed- * The hides are tanned in stone vats, of which each fazenda possesses one or more. ..."
5. Thayer Expedition by Charles Frederick Hartt (1870)
"CATTLE fazenda AND GARDEN NEAR PAO ... The hides are tanned in stone vats, of which each fazenda possesses one or more. The process is as follows : The ..."
6. Ten Months in Brazil: With Incidents of Voyages and Travels, Descriptions of by John Codman (1867)
"THERE is a fazenda on the line of the railroad, about twenty miles from Rio de Janeiro, which belonged to a Portuguese family for many generations. ..."
7. Pioneering in South Brazil: Three Years of Forest and Prairie Life in the by Thomas Plantagenet Bigg-Wither (1878)
"... or overseer, in charge of the "fortress," fazenda, having long since learnt the lesson that a traveller in these primitive regions is always welcome, ..."
8. A Parisian in Brazil by Adèle Samson Toussaint (1890)
"LA fazenda. PART III. DEPARTURE FOR THE PIEDADE.— THE PAGE. — LA BOIADA. ... The fazenda, as you doubtlessly know, is a plantation where particularly are ..."