Definition of Fellow traveler
1. Noun. A communist sympathizer (but not a member of the Communist Party).
2. Noun. A traveler who accompanies you.
Generic synonyms: Traveler, Traveller
Derivative terms: Companion, Companionship
Fellow Traveler Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fellow Traveler Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fellow Traveler
Literary usage of Fellow traveler
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Beasts, Men and Gods by Ferdynand Antoni Ossendowski (1922)
"CHAPTER II THE SECRET OF MY fellow traveler AT the dawn of day we ... "We must go four or five hundred versis" very calmly announced my fellow traveler, ..."
2. The Revolutionary Diplomatic Correspondence of the United States by United States Dept. of State, Francis Wharton, John Bassett Moore (1889)
"The ingenious Mr. Canton, our other fellow-traveler, I suppose you know is now no more. As to the present state of our aft'airs, which you desire to be ..."
3. Travels and Adventures in Mexico: In the Course of Journeys of Upward of by William W. Carpenter (1851)
"Resolve to part from my Fellow-traveler. — Applications for Employment. — Bad News. ... Leave Guadalajara secretly with my old Fellow-traveler. ..."
4. Baltimore: Its History and Its People by Clayton Colman Hall, Lewis Historical Publishing Co (1912)
"... and never neglecting the opportunity to assist a fellow traveler on the journey of life. WILLIAM GISRIEL The United States has no better citizens than ..."