Definition of Female monarch
1. Noun. A female sovereign ruler.
Group relationships: Royal Family, Royal House, Royal Line, Royalty
Generic synonyms: Female Aristocrat
Specialized synonyms: Queen Of England
Specialized synonyms: Cleopatra, Isabella, Isabella I, Isabella The Catholic, Queen Isabella, Liliuokalani, Lydia Kamekeha Paki Liliuokalani, Mary Queen Of Scots, Mary Stuart
Antonyms: Male Monarch, King
Derivative terms: Queenly
Female Monarch Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Female Monarch Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Female Monarch
Literary usage of Female monarch
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary of the Welsh Language: Explained in English; with Numerous by William Owen Pughe (1832)
"... A female monarch ; also a title of respect, equivalent to lady and madam. ... Appertaining to a female monarch; like a queen ; royal. ..."
2. The Historians' History of the World: A Comprehensive Narrative of the Rise by Henry Smith Williams (1907)
"Herodotus, to be sure, gives us no clew as to the age when this female monarch ruled, but the name appears in the lists of Manetho. ..."
3. The Works of Jeremy Bentham by Jeremy Bentham, John Bowring (1843)
"not once by a female monarch whose reign continued during life, has been governed by several female monarchs whose reigns, under the name of regencies, ..."
4. Lives of the Queens of England from the Norman Conquest: With Anecdotes of by Agnes Strickland (1841)
"Our present series begins, not according to rank but chronological order, with the queens-consort, of whom there were twenty-six before a female monarch, ..."
5. The Table Talker: Or, Brief Essays on Society and Literature by Johnstone (1840)
"... supreme direction of political affairs; but that especially when a female Monarch reigns, and wields an authority as great as that of a King, ..."