Definition of Fertile period
1. Noun. The time in the menstrual cycle when fertilization is most likely to be possible (7 days before to 7 days after ovulation).
Medical Definition of Fertile period
1. The period in a regularly menstruating woman's cycle, during which conception is most likely. (05 Mar 2000)
Fertile Period Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fertile Period Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fertile Period
Literary usage of Fertile period
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society by Cambridge Philosophical Society (1904)
"Here it may be mentioned that the figures given in this paper for the ars»<n size of the Toda family and for the fertile period do not agree with thoee ..."
2. Smoking & Health in the Americas: A 1992 Report of the Surgeon General, in by DIANE Publishing Company, Louis W. Sullivan (1995)
"'Average number of children that would be born during the fertile period of each ... who was not at risk for mortality before the end of the fertile period. ..."
3. A System of Gynaecology by Thomas Clifford Allbutt (1906)
"... figure is very striking, and appears to indicate an increased tendency to the occurrence of this disease at the close of the fertile period of life. ..."
4. Dynamic Evolution: A Study of the Causes of Evolution and Degeneracy by Casper Lavater Redfield (1914)
"The longer is the normal life of the animals of any given species, the later does the fertile period begin. We may find an explanation of this in the same ..."