Definition of Films
1. Noun. (plural of film) ¹
2. Verb. ''Third person singular of'' film. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Films
1. film [v] - See also: film
Lexicographical Neighbors of Films
Literary usage of Films
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1904)
"The Effects of Heat and of Solvents on Thin films of Metal." By GT BEILBY. Communicated by FH NEVILLE, FES Received June 4,—Read June 18, 1903. ..."
2. The Cinema; Its Present Position and Future Possibilities by National Council of Public Morals, Cinema Commission of Inquiry (1917)
"Another, whom I will style " O," has considerable knowledge of educational films along a special line. The third, whom I am styling " M," has gained his ..."
3. The Popular Science Monthly by Harry Houdini Collection (Library of Congress) (1890)
"The twelve films from the edges of the cube meet a square unsupported plate of ... 3. only large enough to show the curvature of the films necessary to make ..."
4. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1883)
"THE experiments described in this Paper are an extension of our previous investigations on the properties of liquid films. The interest and the difficulty ..."
5. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1890)
"On films produced by Vaporised Metals and their Applications to Chemical ... Gold gives films of extreme tenuity and beautiful in richness of colour, ..."
6. Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society by Cambridge Philosophical Society (1902)
"He has shewn that the resistance of these films is much greater than that ... The films were examined under the microscope to see if there was any visible ..."
7. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1915)
"The films are required to be exhibited to the board before they are delivered to ... "Only such films as are, in the judgment and discretion of the board of ..."