¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Filterer
1. one that filters [n -S] - See also: filters
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Filterer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Filterer
Literary usage of Filterer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Fish-culture: Embracing All the Details of Artificial Breeding and by Thaddeus Norris (1868)
"Management of filterer.—Washing gravel for troughs.—Implements. Taking the spawn.—Action of the female when about to spawn.—Method of catching the fish on ..."
2. The Annual of Scientific Discovery, Or, Year-book of Facts in Science and Art. by David Ames Wells, George Bliss, Samuel Kneeland, John Trowbridge, Wm Ripley Nichols, Charles R Cross (1871)
"A description of this filterer will be found in this volume (see Index). CHANGES OF LEVEL OF SEASHORES. Numerous observations have been made upon the ..."
3. The Repertory of Patent Inventions: And Other Discoveries and Improvements (1823)
"The filter or filters are sustained in the filterer by a suitable support or supports, capable of bearing the above-mentioned pressure, and are formed or ..."
4. Iron: An Illustrated Weekly Journal for Iron and Steel Manufacturers edited by Sholto Percy, Perry Fairfax Nursey (1840)
"Sir,—Every person who hae once enjoyed the benefits of good filtered water, is desirous of possessing a good filterer, and having procured one of the many ..."
5. The Magazine of Science, and Schools of Art (1842)
"PALMER'S PNEUMATIC filterer. THIS ingenious and useful machine depends for its action upon the weight of the atmosphere, and is a modification of the ..."