Lexicographical Neighbors of Fingerhold
Literary usage of Fingerhold
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. University Musical Encyclopedia by Louis Charles Elson (1914)
"All are black keys here, and therefore give little fingerhold, but the disadvantage is repaid by the beauty of this rare key. ..."
2. History of the American Field Service in France, ʻFriends of France", 1914-1917 by James William Davenport Seymour (1920)
"I was glad there were plenty of soldiers at hand. All of these who could find fingerhold lifted and the car pulled out. It seemed incredible but nothing ..."
3. The Car-builder's Dictionary: An Illustrated Vocabulary of Terms which ...by Master Car-Builders' Association, Arthur Mellen Wellington, Calvin A. Smith, Leander Garey, Matthias Nace Forney by Master Car-Builders' Association, Arthur Mellen Wellington, Calvin A. Smith, Leander Garey, Matthias Nace Forney (1895)
"Spring sash-holder. Sun-lift. 21, fig. 2451 ; figs. 4491-4526. A metal fingerhold attached to the bottom-rail of a window-sash for raising and lowering it. ..."
4. The Plant World by Plant World Association, Wild Flower Preservation Society (U.S.) (1915)
"... above the neck of the bottle far enough to give safe fingerhold, to avoid danger of moving the stopper upon the tube. A file mark upon the lower part of ..."
5. Through the Zulu Country: Its Battlefields and Its People by Bertram Mitford (1883)
"... the sturdy quartermaster's back turned, they climb up like monkeys, where there is scarcely fingerhold much less foothold, and the passengers, ..."
6. Well-known Piano Solos, how to Play Them by Charles W. Wilkinson, Edward Ellsworth Hipsher (1915)
"Black keys predominate, and, therefore, there is little fingerhold; but the disadvantage is repaid by the beauty of the rare key * Etude de Style RAVINA ..."