2. Verb. (third-person singular of firk) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Firks
1. firk [v] - See also: firk
Lexicographical Neighbors of Firks
Literary usage of Firks
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Miscellany of the Scottish History Society by Scottish History Society (1893)
"Jay charge le Sr de firks particulierement de se [ce] que nous desirons de ... [I have received the offers which Sieur de firks has made me on your behalf . ..."
2. The Copper Mines of the World by Walter Harvey Weed (1907)
"(firks.) . . .117 36. Cross-section of copper deposit at Wis, Servia. (firks.) . . . .117 37. Index map of Huelva copper ..."
3. A Glossary of Words Used in the County of Wiltshire by George Edward Dartnell, Edward Hungerford Goddard (1893)
"A policeman getting up a case firks about the place, ferreting out all the evidence he can.— NW *Fitten. A pretence (AB).—Obsolete. ..."