Definition of Flag-waver
1. Noun. An extreme bellicose nationalist.
Generic synonyms: Nationalist, Patriot
Derivative terms: Chauvinism, Chauvinistic, Jingoism, Jingoism
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Flag-waver Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Flag-waver
Literary usage of Flag-waver
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Road in Tuscany: A Commentary by Maurice Henry Hewlett (1904)
"At the end of the procession I was much .astounded to find the gallant young flag-waver standing before me. His glories of green and yellow, his stripes, ..."
2. The Road in Tuscany: A Commentary by Maurice Henry Hewlett, Joseph Pennell (1906)
"At the end of the procession I was much astounded to find the gallant young flag-waver standing before me. His glories of green and yellow, his stripes, ..."
3. Outline Grammar of the Lhōtā Nāgā Language: With a Vocabulary and by W. E. Witter (1888)
"Water, to draw Water-fall Water-fowl Water-god Wave (as water) Wave (as a flag) Waver Waver (in mind) Wavering Wax (ear-wax) Wax (bees-wax) Wax (vegetable) ..."
4. Empire Club Speeches by Empire Club of Canada (1906)
"... it has enjoyed the privilege of being safe ground for the orator and flag-waver; no definite duties being undertaken and no definite money proposition ..."
5. Tuscany by Ulrike Bleek, Christiane Buld Campetti, Stephan Bleek (2000)
"Left: A flag-waver at the Palio in Siena. BETWEEN SIENA AND AREZZO SIENA CRETE VALDICHIANA AREZZO CASENTINO those of the town hall. ..."