Definition of Flat solid
1. Noun. A flat artifact that is thin relative to its length and width.
Generic synonyms: Artefact, Artifact
Specialized synonyms: Blackboard, Chalkboard, Blank, Board, Film, Plastic Film, Laminate, Membrane, Panel, Plate, Photographic Plate, Plate, Plate Glass, Sheet Glass, Sheet Metal, Stencil
Flat Solid Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Flat Solid Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Flat Solid
Literary usage of Flat solid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Karanòg: The Romano-Nubian Cemetery by Leonard Woolley, David Randall-MacIver (1910)
"Iron; flat solid bezel. A hawk 1. ; before its feet a snake, behind it a flail (? ... Iron; flat solid bezel. The hoop has been encased in a sheet of white ..."
2. The National Review edited by Richard Holt Hutton, Walter Bagehot (1860)
"A German is always burrowing and mining, a Frenchman is always flying; but an Englishman walks on the flat solid earth, anxious only to keep in a clear ..."
3. Catalogue of the Terracottas in the Department of Greek and Roman by Henry Beauchamp Walters (1903)
"Indistinct; back nearly flat; solid. Cf. D 314-315. D 349. ... Ht. 6J in. Towneley Coll. Feet and plinth wanting. Back flat ; solid. D 351. ..."
4. Heraldry, Historical and Popular by Charles Boutell (1864)
"The chains are sometimes represented as formed of flat solid pieces, (No. 134 A, PI. VIII.,) and sometimes of open links of rings ..."
5. Sessional Papers by Canada Parliament (1905)
"Heads flat, solid, crisp, good, and an excellent keeper. Danish Ball Head. Fit for table, October. Heads round, solid, medium size; n good keeper and of ..."
6. The Stresses in Framed Structures: Including the Strength of Materials and by Augustus Jay Du Bois (1896)
"For flat solid arch the same results hold as for flat framed arch under the same conditions. TEMPERATURE STRESSES.—The temperature thrust fft is shown by ..."
7. Ophthalmic surgery: A Handbook of the Surgical Operations on the Eyeball and by Josef Meller (1912)
"But, in our opinion, an operation is not required in every case of anterior synechia with flat solid cicatrix. Indications.—The following are considered ..."