Definition of Fleeces
1. Verb. (third-person singular of fleece) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Fleeces
1. fleece [v] - See also: fleece
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fleeces Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fleeces
Literary usage of Fleeces
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. All the Year Round by Charles Dickens (1881)
"Now, fleeces, whether those with these small natural occurrences of cotting, or those without it—fleeces, whether those called " dead-wools,1' which means ..."
2. The Official Catalogue of the Exhibits: With Introductory Notices of the ...Centennial International Exhibition (1888)
"Bale wool, containing 78 fleeces, greasy ; 12 fleeces wool, do. 445 Busby, A., Cassillis. ... 12 fleeces wool, black merino. 482 Wilson and Hopkins,. ..."
3. The New England Farmer by Samuel W. Cole (1867)
"A VERMONT REPORT ON SCOURED MERINO fleeces. The foregoing tabular statement embodies the results of the scouring of twenty-six fleeces of wool under the ..."
4. The Cultivator by New York State Agricultural Society (1849)
"We did not see their fleeces. They are well shaped sheep, and of good size. Mr. J. is crossing them, and a part of the rest of his flock with a ram of the ..."
5. Judicial and Statutory Definitions of Words and Phrases by West Publishing Company (1904)
""fleeces, yarn, and cloth," within the meaning of a statute exempting from execution 10 sheep, their fleeces, and the yarn or cloth manufactured from the ..."
6. World's Columbian Exposition, Chicago, Ill., 1893 by United States World's Columbian Commission. Committee on Awards (1901)
"The Cotswold and the Down breeds seem to be the favorites, and in addition to the few merino fleeces already mentioned the collection was made up of fleeces ..."
7. The Official Directory of the World's Columbian Exposition, May 1st to by Moses Purnell Handy (1893)
"Wool fleeces and wool. 60 36. Barreto, FL Wool fleeces. 60 37. ... Wool fleeces. 60 44. Carreras, Juan C. Wool fleeces. 60 43. Cardona, Jose L. Wool fleeces ..."
8. Catalogue of the British Colonies by Great Britain (1878)
"2 fleeces Merino Wool, ewes hogget. 2 Fleece Merino Wool, ewes. ... 16 fleeces Merino Wool. 1 sample of Wool. Gilbert, Joseph; Sheep Farmer ; Pewsey Vale. ..."