¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Fluttery
1. marked by fluttering [adj]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fluttery
Literary usage of Fluttery
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Glossary of Words Used in the County of Wiltshire by George Edward Dartnell, Edward Hungerford Goddard (1893)
"Wills Tales, p. 119. (2) Tipsy.—NW fluttery. Of weather, catchy, uncertain, showery. ' 'T ull be a main fluttery hay-making to-year, ..."
2. Four Years in the Underbrush: Adventures as a Working Woman in New York (1921)
"Working with a fluttery heart like that I might drop in my tracks at any moment. ... When that time came not only was my heart as fluttery as ever, ..."
3. Report and Transactions of the Devonshire Association for the Advancement of by Devonshire Association for the Advancement of Science, Literature and Art (1884)
"'I am no fluttery body.' Woman, 50, native of and life-long resident in Stockleigh.—May 17th, 1884. ..."
4. Circle Time Activities by Martha C. Cheney (1998)
"fluttery butterfly Yellow and black Sip at a flower Finger Plays Finger plays ... fluttery Butterfly Join hands at thumb and flap hands to resemble wings ..."