2. Noun. (American English) A low-level flight of ceremonial nature, typically in connection with an airshow or a military parade. ¹
3. Noun. A brief visit to an IRC channel ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Flyby
1. a flight of aircraft close to a specified place [n -BYS]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Flyby Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Flyby
Literary usage of Flyby
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Galileo, the Tour Guide: A Summary of the Mission to Date edited by Jean H. Aichele (1997)
"Venus flyby, An Infrared Image of the Clouds DUST STORM -flyby (2) DEC 6,1992 COMPLETE PRIMARY MISSION DATA RETURN / DEC 7,1997 ORBITER DEFLECTION ..."
2. Exploring Organic Environments in the Solar System by National Research Council (U.S.) (2007)
"In this regard, a possible opportunity is conducting such studies as an adjunct to the Trojan Asteroid/Centaur Reconnaissance flyby mission described in the ..."
3. Priorities in Space Science Enabled by Nuclear Power And Propulsion by Ssb (2006)
"... Interstellar Probe Chemical system sending a I.OOO-kg spacecraft to 200 AU using powered solar flyby c (NASA's 1990 Space Physics Roadmap) Interstellar ..."