Definition of Foot up
1. Verb. Add a column of numbers.
Foot Up Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Foot Up Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Foot Up
Literary usage of Foot up
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An American Glossary by Richard Hopwood Thornton (1912)
"186, App. 1851 He will foot up tho number of acres he has " saved," and charge ... 1841 Put your hand into tho Treasury. . . .and foot up and pay the bill. ..."
2. The Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by Isaac Smith Homans, William Buck Dana (1856)
"The value of the copper produced and sent to market last year is estimated at 32000000, and is expected to foot up at least 33000000 the coming season. ..."
3. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1885)
"The arrivals of wheat and flour, reduced to wheat, foot up a total equal to 212,- G89 short tons wheat. Receipts by leading transportation lines from Aug ..."
4. New Zealand Official Yearbook by New Zealand Dept. of Statistics (1899)
"A third is with horse or on foot up the boulder-strewn valley of the Rolleston River. In half an hour the tourist is out of sight of civilisation and ..."
5. The Sportsman's Dictionary: Or, The Country Gentleman's Companion, in All ...Sports (1735)
"... three ounces; all melted together over the fire: the coffin of the foot, up to the top, being anointed with this, a new hoof will grow on it. ..."
6. Folk Dances and Games by Caroline Crawford (1908)
"... swing the right foot with the body and step on the right (second beat), bring the left foot up to the right and change weight (third beat, measure two). ..."