2. Noun. (nautical) The part of the vessel forward of amidships. ¹
3. Noun. (physiology) thorax ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Forebody
1. the forward part of a ship [n -BODIES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Forebody Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Forebody
Literary usage of Forebody
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects by Royal Institution of Naval Architects (1879)
"The America, on the other hand, although having much straighter bow lines than the Titania, has a forebody of the perfect wave form. ..."
2. Report of the Annual Meeting (1869)
"Now there is no length of forebody, afterbody, ... and it would therefore be wrong to compute the length of forebody in any other way than through means of ..."