Definition of Forestiera
1. Noun. Any plant of the genus Forestiera.
Specialized synonyms: Desert Olive, Forestiera Neomexicana, Tanglebush
Generic synonyms: Bush, Shrub
Lexicographical Neighbors of Forestiera
Literary usage of Forestiera
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord. Britton, Hon. Addison. Brown (1913)
"forestiera acuminata (Michx.) Poir. Adelia. Fig. 3323. ... forestiera acuminata Poir. in Lam. Encycl. Suppl. a : 664. 1811. A shrub or small tree, ..."
2. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Agriculture, California State Commission of Horticulture (1890)
"Very abundant in some of these plants, they are scarce in others, or confined to the petiole or to the main nerve of the limb (forestiera, ..."
3. Gray's New Manual of Botany: A Handbook of the Flowering Plants and Ferns of by Asa Gray, Benjamin Lincoln Robinson, Merritt Lyndon Fernald (1908)
"... often serrulate ; drupe elongated-ellipsoid, usually pointed. (forestiera Poir.) — Wet river-banks and swamps, sw Ind. to Mo., a. to Tex. 4. ..."
4. Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club by Torrey Botanical Club (1894)
"forestiera acuminata Poir. in Lam. Encycl. Suppl. 2 : 664 (1811). 4. CHIONANTHUS L. Sp. Pl. 8 (1753). 3033. Chionanthus Virginica L. Sp. Pl. 8 (1753). ..."