Lexicographical Neighbors of Fourchee
Literary usage of Fourchee
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Numismatic Circularby Spink & Son by Spink & Son (1908)
"Shield on cross fourchee. RF » 5 PHILIP AND MARY 59871 Shilling. 1554. PHILIP.ET. ... Shield on cross fourchee. S. Sixpence. 1561. Mm. Pheon. S. — 1563. ..."
2. Handbook of the Coins of Great Britain and Ireland in the British Museum by Herbert Appold Grueber (1899)
"The cross fourchee on the reverse is the first attempt at a departure from the ... Long cross fourchee with portcullis in centre. jtl'O. Pierced. ..."
3. An Olla Podrida: Or, Scraps, Numismatic, Antiquarian, and Literary by Richard Sainthill (1853)
"The Reverse has a cross fourchee. No. 5.—The groats of this class are engraved ... Rex An—ie Fra,"— Reverse, a cross fourchee, on which is the letter II., ..."
4. A Glossary of Terms Used in Heraldry by Henry Gough, James Parker (1894)
"Under this head it may be well to include the Cross fourchee. ... In French heraldic works a distinction seems to be made between fourchee and ..."
5. The Visitation of Cheshire in the Year 1580 by Robert Glover, William Flower, William Fellows, Thomas Benolt, Thomas Chaloner, John Paul Rylands (1882)
"... fourchee Vert. Adam the son of Alan de Sutton held his lands of Button by the Charter of Hugh, ..."