Definition of Francisco villa
1. Noun. Mexican revolutionary leader (1877-1923).
Generic synonyms: Revolutionary, Revolutionist, Subversive, Subverter
Francisco Villa Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Francisco Villa Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Francisco Villa
Literary usage of Francisco villa
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Roving and Fighting: Adventures Under Four Flags by Edward S. O'Reilly (1918)
"... Inc. GENERAL francisco villa IN AN ANGRY MOOD He is abusing a railroad conductor who was responsible for an accident. ... francisco villa ..."
2. The United States in Prophecy: Our Country, Its Past, Present, and Future by Leon Albert Smith (1914)
"... francisco villa, (on the right) Military Leader of the Mexican Constitutionalist Forces. On the left. General Ortego "Article II. ..."
3. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1919)
"App. —, 202 SW 1048, an action for the conversion of ores, in which the defense was that the ores had been seized and confiscated by francisco villa as a ..."
4. The American Journal of International Law by American Society of International Law (1916)
"... on the occasion of the attack it suffered yesterday from the bandits led by francisco villa, that, although there has been in the State of Chihuahua a ..."
5. The American Year Book: A Record of Events and Progress by Francis Graham Wickware, (, Albert Bushnell Hart, (, Simon Newton Dexter North, William M. Schuyler (1914)
"Seven Mexican Federal generals offer to surrender to francisco villa ; Government troops evacuate ... francisco villa occupies Chihuahua. Mexico. ..."