Definition of Frankliniella
1. Noun. Tobacco thrips.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Genus
Group relationships: Family Thripidae, Thripidae
Member holonyms: Frankliniella Fusca, Tobacco Thrips
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Frankliniella Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Frankliniella
Literary usage of Frankliniella
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Biotechnology: Ti-Plasmids and Other Plant Vectors: Bibliography January by Lara Wiggert (1995)
"... frankliniella fusca; frankliniella occidentalis; Insect pests Abstract: Early season abundance of tobacco thrips (frankliniella fusca) and incidence and ..."
2. Applied Entomology; an Introductory Text-book of Insects in Their Relations by Henry Torsey Fernald (1921)
"The Wheat or Strawberry Thrips (frankliniella tritici Fitch).—This is probably the most widely distributed species of the group in this country. ..."
3. Insect Pests of Farm, Garden and Orchard by Ezra Dwight Sanderson (1921)
"... fruit just as it is setting by making its way down into the flower to the ovary which it attacks. Its injury is more 'frankliniella bispinosus Watson. ..."
4. Dwarf Mistletoes: Biology, Pathology, and Systematics by Frank G. Hawksworth, Delbert Wiens (1998)
"On the pollen harvest by the honey bee (Apis metti/era) near Tucson, Arizona (1976-1981). Desert Plants. 6:81-94,99-109. O'Neill, K. 1970. frankliniella ..."
5. Harmful Non-Indigenous Species in the United States (1994)
"... the western flower thrips (frankliniella occidentalis), spreads (72). BIOLOGICAL CONTROL Biological control is often considered a safer, cleaner, ..."