¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Furcated
1. furcate [v] - See also: furcate
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Furcated Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Furcated
Literary usage of Furcated
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Mosquitoes of North and Central America and the West Indies by Leland Ossian Howard, Harrison Gray Dyar, Frederick Knab (1915)
"... twisted, furcated at outer third, with a short inner and a longer outer branch with a recurved tip. Basal appendages short, remote, setose. ..."
2. The Mineral Conchology of Great Britain: Or Coloured Figures and by James Sowerby (1825)
"Discoid, carinated and umbili- cated, strongly radiated; carina distinct; radii waved, sometimes furcated, elevated ; umbilicus broad, exposing parts of the ..."
3. Reports of Explorations and Surveys, to Ascertain the Most Practicable and by Joseph Henry, Spencer Fullerton Baird, United States War Dept, United States Army. Corps of Engineers (1855)
"The caudal is furcated. The scales are of moderate size. ... Head constituting the fourth of the total length, the furcated portion of the caudal excluded. ..."
4. Proceedings by Zoological Society of London (1869)
"They are protected from the incursions of minute annelids and other enemies by the projection into their areas of the furcated terminations of the ..."