Definition of Ganning
1. gan [v] - See also: gan
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ganning
ganning (current term)
Literary usage of Ganning
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Rhymes of Northern Bards: Being a Curious Collection of Old and New Songs by John Bell (1812)
"AS me and my marrow was ganning to wark, We met with the devil, it was in the dark; I up with my pick, it being in the ncit, I knock'd off his horns, ..."
2. Longman's Magazine by Charles James Longman (1897)
"You divn't hear no prayers ganning on, but they hear them, and prayers and praying goes on for better nor an hour, and then everybody comes out ..."
3. The Practice of the Ecclesiastical Courts: With Forms and Tables of Costs by Henry Charles Coote (1847)
"That Henry Daniel ganning, the drawer, and one of Twenty- the attesting witnesses to the said pretended will in question, formerly practised as an attorney ..."
4. Reports of Cases Decided in the High Court of Chancery: With Notes and by Great Britain Court of Chancery (1853)
"Then, in the codicil of 1826, he directs that the legacy of 300?. given to Bass, as well as the 1000?. given to ganning, shall not be paid till twelve ..."
5. A Glossary of the Cleveland Dialect: Explanatory, Derivative, and Critical by John Christopher Atkinson (1868)
"D. ganning or ... to one's manner of thought, taste, or convenience : as, det er min ganning, or det er just min ganning : that is just what I like. ..."
6. Reports of Cases Decided in the High Court of Chancery: By the Right Hon by Sir Lancelot Shadwell, Sir Richard Torin Kindersley, John Leach, Great Britain Court of Chancery, Anthony Hart, Nicholas Simons (1843)
"Frederich Charles ganning died in May 1829. The Plaintiff was his personal representative. Frances Reeve died in July 1838. The question was whether the ..."