Definition of Gaza strip
1. Noun. A coastal region at the southeastern corner of the Mediterranean bordering Israel and Egypt. "He is a Palestinian from Gaza"
Generic synonyms: Geographic Area, Geographic Region, Geographical Area, Geographical Region
Group relationships: Israel, Sion, State Of Israel, Yisrael, Zion
Definition of Gaza strip
1. Proper noun. An area of land along the Mediterranean coast, bordered by Egypt and Israel; it is not internationally recognised as belonging to any sovereign nation, but is governed by Hamas and militarily controlled by Israel, and is the focus for much territorial dispute and regional conflict. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gaza Strip
Literary usage of Gaza strip
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Center of the Storm: A Case Study of Human Rights Abuses in Hebron District by Peter Bouckaert, Human Rights Watch (Organization) (2001)
"... of Israeli Settlements in the West Bank and gaza strip Under International Humanitarian Law Israel's policy of encouraging, financing, establishing, ..."
2. Human Rights Watch World Report 1997 by Human Rights Watch (Organization), Human Rights Watch Staff (1996)
"ISRAELI- OCCUPIED WEST BANK AND gaza strip Human Rights Developments This section covers only developments in the West Bank and gaza strip. ..."
3. Human Rights Watch World Report 2005: The Events of 2004 by Human Rights Watch, Human Rights Watch (Organization (2005)
"On December 3 a top Hamas leader said that the group would accept the establishment of a Palestinian state in the West Bank and gaza strip and a long-term ..."
4. Human Rights Watch World Report 1999 by Human Rights Watch Staff (1998)
"Israel, Occupied West Bank and gaza strip, and Palestinian Authority Territories Human Rights Developments The 1992 Basic Law: Human Dignity and Liberty. ..."
5. Torture and Ill-Treatment: Israel's Interrogation of Palestinians from the by Human Rights Watch/Middle East (1994)
"What our sample does show is that even those Jerusalem, and in Ashkelon prison. The only OSS facility in the gaza strip, located at Gaza prison in Gaza City ..."
6. Human Rights Watch World Report, 2003: Events of 2002 (November 2001 by Human Rights Watch, Human Rights Watch Staff (2003)
"... and old ones intensified. Pernicious practices that had been diminishing were revived. Israel and the Occupied West Bank and gaza strip ..."