Definition of Gazella subgutturosa
1. Noun. A kind of gazelle.
Gazella Subgutturosa Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gazella Subgutturosa Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gazella Subgutturosa
Literary usage of Gazella subgutturosa
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Catalogue of Ruminant Mammalia: (Pecora, Linnæus) in the British Museum by John Edward Gray (1872)
"BM p. 57. Gazella Isidis, Sundevall. Hob. North Africa and Abyssinia; Morocco, Algiers, and Tripoli. 3. gazella subgutturosa. ..."
2. Proceedings of the Committee of Science and Correspondence of the Zoological by Zoological Society of London Committee of Science and Correspondence, Committee of Science and Correspondence, Zoological Society of London (1850)
"gazella subgutturosa. The JAIRON. Pale brown ; upper part of sides with a ... gazella subgutturosa, Gray, K. Men. 4. Inhabits Tartary, Armenia and North ..."
3. Annals and Magazine of Natural History by William Jardine (1851)
"gazella subgutturosa. The JAIRON. Pale brown ; upper part of sides with a broad, rather paler streak ; crown and knee-tufts greyer; face-streak indistinct; ..."
4. Explorations in Turkestan, Expedition of 1904: Prehistoric Civilizations of by Raphael Pumpelly (1908)
"(See plate 76, figs. 11-13 and plate 84.) Several of the best-preserved bones of all the layers belong to the gazella subgutturosa ..."
5. Nature by Nature Publishing Group, Norman Lockyer (1879)
"... two Egyptian Gazelles(Gazella dorcas) from Egypt, presented by Commander J. Pratt, ss Java ; a Persian Gazelle (gazella subgutturosa) from Persia, ..."