Definition of Gene kelly
1. Noun. United States dancer who performed in many musical films (1912-1996).
Generic synonyms: Actor, Histrion, Player, Role Player, Thespian, Choreographer, Dancer, Professional Dancer, Terpsichorean
Gene Kelly Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gene Kelly Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gene Kelly
Literary usage of Gene kelly
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Best Plays by Burns Mantle, Louis Kronenberger (1899)
"... Abbott to the Shubert Theatre, New York, September 1, 1941. (Moved to St. James Theatre, Oct. 21, 1941.) Cast of characters— Joey Evans gene kelly Max ..."
2. Appletons' Annual Cyclopaedia and Register of Important Events (1875)
"... Court. gene Kelly & Co., of New York, who hold them The expenditures were as follows: The numbers of the bonds corresponding u the said $500000 are not ..."
3. The Military and Naval History of the Rebellion in the United States. With by William Jewett Tenney (1865)
"Gene. Kelly and Crook. They were quietly seized in their beds with their staff officers, and taken to Richmond, and subsequently exchanged. ..."
4. Paris and Half-Europe in '78: The Paris Exposition of 1878, Its Side-shows ...by Henry Morford by Henry Morford (1879)
"KT:gene kelly, of the firms of Messrs. Eugene Kelly & Co., of New York, and Donohoe, Kelly & Co., San Francisco, Cal. MB. LOUIS DK BEBIAN, Agent General ..."
5. Jazz on Film and Video in the Library of Congress by Rebecca D. Clear (1994)
"VBJ 0873-74 Benny Goodman is honored, along with George Abbott, Lillian Gish, gene kelly, Eugene Ormandy. THE KENNEDY CENTER HONORS, 1983. ..."