Definition of General agent
1. Noun. Someone authorized to transact every kind of business for the principal.
2. Noun. An agent who sells insurance.
Generic synonyms: Agent, Broker, Factor
Derivative terms: Underwrite
General Agent Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: General Agent Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of General Agent
Literary usage of General agent
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1922)
"Where one executes a promissory note or a bill of exchange in his own паше, with a descriptive suffix, such as "general agent," attached to his signature, ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1912)
""The insurance on this application to take effect when approved by EP Dorr, general agent, at Buffalo." But it is clear that such was not the understanding ..."
3. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1916)
"pecially where the agent has general authority to sell,66 or is a general agent.67 It has been denied that a special agent has any implied authority to ..."
4. The Baptist Missionary Magazineby Executive Committee, Baptist General Convention, American Baptist Missionary Union, Board of Managers by Executive Committee, Baptist General Convention, American Baptist Missionary Union, Board of Managers (1841)
"Payment« may he made to the general agent, at our risk, through the postmasters, ... All communications to the publishers or general agent, should be post ..."
5. Southern Literary Messenger (1850)
"Wm. Gouldin, general agent and Collector for Virginia. Thomas L. Jones is our General Collector for the State, of Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Lo«i™M ..."
6. Commentaries on American Law by James Kent, John Melville Gould, Oliver Wendell Holmes (1901)
"The acts of a general agent, or one whom ... A general agent is to act for his principal as he would for himself, ..."
7. Annual Report by Correctional Association of New York (1864)
"CORRESPONDING SECRETARY AND general agent. A detail of the labors of the ... In the report of the general agent are given a number of interesting cases, ..."
8. Judicial and Statutory Definitions of Words and Phrases by West Publishing Company (1904)
"A general agent is usually authorized to do all acts connected with the business or employment in which he is engaged, while a special agent is one ..."