Definition of Genus Dacrydium
1. Noun. Australasian evergreen trees or shrubs.
Generic synonyms: Gymnosperm Genus
Group relationships: Family Podocarpaceae, Podocarpaceae, Podocarpus Family
Member holonyms: Dacrydium Cupressinum, Imou Pine, Red Pine, Rimu, Dacrydium Colensoi, Tar-wood, Tarwood
Genus Dacrydium Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Dacrydium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Dacrydium
Literary usage of Genus Dacrydium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Encyclopaedia Britannica, a Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"Certain species of the southern hemisphere genus Dacrydium afford particularly striking instances of heterophylly, tg D. Kirkii oí New ..."
2. The Book of the Garden by Charles McIntosh (1855)
"... the tender species ; Dryandra, most of the genua ; Daviesia latifolia, corymbosa, or indeed any of the genus ; Dillwynia, any of the genus ; Dacrydium, ..."
3. Annals and Magazine of Natural History by William Jardine (1870)
"The genus Dacrydium proposed by Prof. Torell for this species seems to be unnecessary; at least I cannot detect any characters to distinguish it generically ..."
4. A Description of the Genus Pinus: With Directions Relative to the by Aylmer Bourke Lambert (1832)
"WHETHER this species belongs to the genus Dacrydium, and whether it is really the same with the Podocarpus ..."
5. The Annals of Horticulture (1849)
"On the mountains are found plants altogether different from these: there the genus Dacrydium, and others of the order ..."