Definition of Genus globigerina
1. Noun. Type genus of the family Globigerinidae.
Genus Globigerina Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Globigerina Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Globigerina
Literary usage of Genus globigerina
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain), Norton Shaw, Francis Galton, William Spottiswoode, Clements Robert Markham, Henry Walter Bates, John Scott Keltie (1858)
"Now this ooze, or fine marine mud, not a little resembles our chalk, which also contains the same genus Globigerina; and just as the chalk has similar ..."
2. The Contemporary Review (1875)
"Now, the genus. Globigerina is abundantly represented in the cretaceous epoch, and perhaps earlier. " To this one can only reply that we know for a ..."
3. Quarterly Journal of Microscopical Science edited by Biologists Limited, The Company of. (1879)
"Genus—GLOBIGERINA, tT Orbigny. The extent and variety of the " Challenger" soundings an the large area over which the tow-net was employed during the ..."
4. Elementary Physical Geography by Ralph Stockman Tarr (1895)
"The most abundant of these are members of the genus Globigerina; and these are so characteristic of the deposit, that it is known as the Globigerina ooze ..."
5. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1902)
"This deposit is named from the predominance of the dead shells of foraminifera, which lived in the surface waters of the ocean, the genus Globigerina being ..."
6. Elementary Physical Geography by Ralph Stockman Tarr (1895)
"The most abundant of these are members of the genus Globigerina ; and these are so characteristic ..."
7. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1869)
"Now the genus Globigerina is abundantly represented in the Cretaceous epoch, and perhaps earlier " (op. cit. p. 67). The results obtained by Prof. ..."