Definition of Genus lobipes
1. Noun. A genus of Phalaropidae.
Generic synonyms: Bird Genus
Group relationships: Family Phalaropidae, Phalaropidae
Member holonyms: Lobipes Lobatus, Northern Phalarope
Genus Lobipes Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Lobipes Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Lobipes
Literary usage of Genus lobipes
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Check-list of North American Birds by American Ornithologists' Union (1910)
"... migrates along both coasts of United States; casual in migration in interior south to Colorado, Kansas, Illinois, and Maryland. genus lobipes CUVIER. ..."
2. American Ornithology; Or, The Natural History of the Birds of the United States. by Alexander Wilson, Charles Lucian Bonaparte, William Jardine (1832)
"... and have accordingly adopted the specific name which Sabine had previously chosen for it, but have referred it to the genus Lobipes ..."
3. The Canadian Journal of Industry, Science and Art by Canadian Institute (1849-1914) (1860)
"7. T. arenaria—Sanderling Sandpiper. Quite common at the beach. 8. T. islandica—Red-headed Sandpiper. Never very numerous. genus lobipes. ..."
4. Key to North American Birds: Containing a Concise Account of Every Species by Elliott Coues (1872)
"Genus LOBIPES Cuvier. Northern Phalarope. Membranes scalloped ; bill very slender, subulate. Length about 7 ; wing 4J ; tail 2; bill, tarsus and middle toe, ..."