Definition of Genus panicum
1. Noun. Panic grass.
Generic synonyms: Liliopsid Genus, Monocot Genus
Group relationships: Family Graminaceae, Family Gramineae, Family Poaceae, Graminaceae, Gramineae, Grass Family, Poaceae
Member holonyms: Panic Grass
Genus Panicum Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Panicum Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Panicum
Literary usage of Genus panicum
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Botanical Gazette by University of Chicago, JSTOR (Organization) (1896)
"The genus Panicum is an exceedingly complex one, its species having a world-wide distribution. It has been divided by such distinguished ..."
2. The Grasses of Iowa by Louis Hermann Pammel, Julius Buel Weems, Carleton Roy Ball, F. Lamson-Scribner, Harry Foster Bain (1904)
"The genus Panicum in number of species outranks the former. Three hundred are recognized. It is generally found in warm countries with a few in the ..."
3. Rhodora by New England Botanical Club (1901)
"THE paper here presented on the " New England Species of the genus panicum " is based almost entirely upon material loaned by the New England Botanical Club ..."
4. Chambers's Encyclopædia: A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge for the People (1878)
"MILLET, a grain, of which there are severa kinds, the produce of species of Panicum, Setaria and allied genera. The genus Panicum contains many species, ..."
5. The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science by Iowa Academy of Science (1896)
"A comparison of the two genera shows that in the genus Sporobolus the cuticle and cell walls are much more strongly developed than in the genus Panicum. ..."