Definition of Genus phascogale
1. Noun. Pouched mice.
Generic synonyms: Mammal Genus
Group relationships: Dasyuridae, Family Dasyuridae, Family Dasyurinae
Member holonyms: Marsupial Mouse, Marsupial Rat, Pouched Mouse
Genus Phascogale Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Phascogale Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Phascogale
Literary usage of Genus phascogale
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Natural History of the Mammalia by George Robert Waterhouse (1846)
"... who established the genus Dasyurus, regarded the type of Temminck's genus Phascogale as a member of that genus; and Professor Owen, as well, I may say, ..."
2. Magazine of Natural History edited by John Claudius Loudon, Edward Charlesworth, John Denson (1840)
"Description of a new Marsupial Mammal, belonging to the genus Phascogale. By. GR WATERHOUSE, Esq., Curator to the Museum of the Zoological Society, &c. ..."
3. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"Other species, small as rats and mice, and living chiefly on insects, birds, eggs, etc., are found in the genus Phascogale, and allied genera; ..."
4. Bibliographia Zoologiæ Et Geologiæ: A General Catalogue of All Books, Tracts by Louis Agassiz (1854)
"Mag. Nat. Hist. ser. 2, III. pp. 90, 184, 274, 593. 63. On a new Marsupial Animal belonging to the genus Phascogale. —Mag. Nat. Hist. ser. 4, IV. p. 299. ..."
5. Reports on the Progress of Zoology and Botany, 1841, 1842 by Ray Society, Heinrich Friedrich Link (1845)
"JE Gray has increased the genus Phascogale with two new species. The one he names Ph. apicalis, in size and appearance resembling the Ph. minima, ..."
6. The Cat: An Introduction to the Study of Backboned Animals, Especially Mammals by St. George Jackson Mivart (1900)
"The same is the case in the allied genus Phascogale, while in most of the small American opossums ..."