Definition of Genus strepsiceros
1. Noun. African antelopes: kudus; bongos; nyalas; bushbucks.
Generic synonyms: Mammal Genus
Group relationships: Bovidae, Family Bovidae
Member holonyms: Bongo, Boocercus Eurycerus, Tragelaphus Eurycerus, Koodoo, Koudou, Kudu, Harnessed Antelope, Nyala, Tragelaphus Angasi, Mountain Nyala, Tragelaphus Buxtoni, Bushbuck, Guib, Tragelaphus Scriptus
Genus Strepsiceros Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Strepsiceros Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Strepsiceros
Literary usage of Genus strepsiceros
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Catalogue of the Fossil Mammalia in the British Museum, (Natural History) by Richard Lydekker (1885)
"3. Purchased, 1879. 49714. A proximal phalangeal; from the Lower Pliocene of Pikermi. Purchased, 1879. Genus STREPSICEROS, Gray 4. Strepsiceros (? ..."
2. The Cambridge Natural History by Sidney Frederick Harmer, Arthur Everett Shipley (1902)
"The Kudus, genus Strepsiceros, have more markedly twisted horns, which are absent in the female. The body is vertically striped with white. ..."
3. Catalogue of Mammalia in the Indian Museum, Calcutta by John Anderson, William Lutley Sclater, Indian Museum (1891)
"Genus STREPSICEROS. Strepsiceros, H. Smith, Griffith An. Kingd., v, p. 365 (1827). The Abyssinian specimens of Kudu got by Blanford seem to be examples of ..."
4. Catalogue of the Hunterian Collection in the Museum of the Royal College of by Museum, Royal College of Surgeons in London (1831)
"Sub-Genus STREPSICEROS. 1054. The skull and horns of the Koodoo, or Striped Antelope. Male. Damalis Strepsiceros. (Antilope Strepsiceros—Pall: ..."