Definition of Gilbert charles stuart
1. Noun. United States painter best known for his portraits of George Washington (1755-1828).
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gilbert Charles Stuart
Literary usage of Gilbert charles stuart
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The National Portrait Gallery of Distinguished Americans: With Biographical ...by H. J. Herring, James Barton Longacre by H. J. Herring, James Barton Longacre (1854)
"... a substantial farmer; and of this happy couple, at Narraganset, was born gilbert charles stuart ; so christened, but the middle name, which betokens the ..."
2. The Artists of America: a series of biographical sketches of American by Charles Edwards Lester (1846)
"... gilbert charles stuart. A FEW years before his death, Longacre and Nea- gle visited Stuart at his residence in Boston, to receive instruction from the ..."
3. A History of the Rise and Progress of the Arts of Design in the United States by William Dunlap, Frank William Bayley, Charles Eliot Goodspeed (1918)
"1 gilbert charles stuart, the son of Gilbert and Elisabeth Anthony Stuart, was born near North Kingston, ..."
4. The American Immortals: The Record of Men who by Their Achievement in by George Cary Eggleston (1901)
"... gilbert charles stuart GILBERT STUART alone of American painters has been admitted to the Hall of Fame in his capacity as artist. ..."