Definition of Girls
1. Noun. (plural of girl) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Girls
1. girl [n] - See also: girl
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Girls Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Girls
Literary usage of Girls
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"girls' CLUBS, societies with a membership of girls banded together for ... Formerly there was apparently less spontaneity among girls than among boys in ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"Mean age of menarche and mean height and mean weight at menarche and at age 18 for girls of CRC, BGS and HSPH growth studies grouped by age of menarche. ..."
3. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1883)
""Grandmother's Story of Bunker Hill Battle" is a ballad by Oliver Wendell Holmes, illustrated in color by H W. From " Three I'assar girls in McVickar ..."
4. The American Journal of Psychology by Edward Bradford ( Titchener, Granville Stanley Hall (1893)
"BOYS AND girls. It was shown on page 50 that the differences between boys and girls are slight. ^Within the narrow limits there indicated, however, ..."
5. Index of Economic Material in Documents of the States of the United States by Adelaide Rosalia Hasse (1908)
"Origin and history of State Industrial School for girls. ... Letter of SG Howe to comrs. of Mass, for state reform school for girls. 36 pp. ..."
6. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by Anna Lorraine Guthrie, Marion A. Knight, H.W. Wilson Company, Estella E. Painter (1920)
"Countryside M 22:13S Mr '16 girls Adviser of girls in high schools. R. Stevens. Teach Col Rec 20:301-23 S '19 Athletics for elementary school girls; ..."