Definition of Gland disease
1. Noun. A disorder of the glands of the body.
Generic synonyms: Disorder, Upset
Specialized synonyms: Hyperparathyroidism, Hypoparathyroidism, Hyperpituitarism, Addison's Disease, Addison's Syndrome, Hypoadrenalism, Hypoadrenocorticism, Adenopathy, Aldosteronism, Hyperaldosteronism, Cushing's Disease, Hyperadrenalism, Cushing's Syndrome, Hyperadrenocorticism, Hyperthyroidism, Thyrotoxicosis, Hypothyroidism
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gland Disease
Literary usage of Gland disease
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics (1888)
"On the Relation of Scrofulous gland disease to other forms of Tuberculosis. By Frederic S. Eve, FRCS. '. . 113 3. ..."
2. Scrofula and its gland diseases by Frederick Treves (1883)
"In about three weeks the wound had perfectly healed, but the gland disease gradually increased and spread, until now she ñas large tumors in both sides of ..."
3. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1882)
"Mr. Trêves accounts for this preponderance upon the ground that " the peripheral lesions most active in exciting gland disease in scrofula are those that ..."
4. Philadelphia Medical Times (1882)
"The history of " bronchial gland disease," when occurring in early life, is almost identical with that of acquired collapse of the lung, ..."
5. Intestinal obstruction: Its Varieties with Their Pathology, Diagnosis, and by Frederick Treves (1884)
"Mesenterio gland disease may indirectly lead to obstruction in several different ways. 1. The little local peritonitis excited in the serous membrane ..."