Definition of Glycine max
1. Noun. Erect bushy hairy annual herb having trifoliate leaves and purple to pink flowers; extensively cultivated for food and forage and soil improvement but especially for its nutritious oil-rich seeds; native to Asia.
Terms within: Soy, Soya, Soya Bean, Soybean, Soy, Soya Bean, Soybean
Generic synonyms: Legume, Leguminous Plant
Group relationships: Genus Glycine, Glycine
Glycine Max Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Glycine Max Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Glycine Max
Literary usage of Glycine max
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Gene Expression in Field Crops: Bibliography January 1991-November 1992 edited by Janet Saunders, Robert D. Warmbrodt (1995)
"Wounded soybean (glycine max [L] Merr. cv. Williams) stems rapidly accumulated MeJA and JA. Addition of MeJA to soybean suspension cultures also increased ..."
2. Gene Expression in Horticultural Crops: Bibliography January 1991-October 1992 by Robert D. Warmbrodt (1995)
"We report the cloning of a cDNA for pdsl, a soybean (glycine max) gene that, based on a complementation assay using the photosynthetic bacterium ..."
3. Legumes in Crop Rotations--Bibliography, January 1990-December 1993 by Mary V. Gold (1994)
"W39 Soybean (glycine max) and rotational crop tolerance to chlorimuron, ... W39 Soybean (glycine max) herbicide carryover to grain and Tiber crops. ..."
4. Molecular Markers in Plant Genome Analysis: Sponsored CRIS/ICAR Projects and by Andrew Kalinski (1995)
"PT: Article DE: glycine-max. glycine-soja. bradyrhizobium-japonicum. loci-. ... and diminished autoregulation of nodulation of soybean (glycine max (L.) ..."
5. Computers and Information Technologies in Agricultural Production and edited by Karl Schneider (1998)
"Descriptors: gossypium-hirsutum; glycine-max; ... Coker 315, and soybean, Glycine max cv. Centennial, with increasing population densities of ..."
6. Conservation Tillage by Jane P. Gates (1994)
"W39 Imazethapyr for weed control in no-till soybean (glycine max). ... Language: English Descriptors: Minnesota; glycine max; No-tillage; Weed control; ..."